Search for Property

Search Type
Ref. Number

Shortlist

Contact Us

* Name
* E-Mail
Phone Number
* Comments
Stop Spam
* What day follows sunday?

Archaeological Museum

The house of culture in Frigiliana houses the small archaeological museum. The museum has numerous displays that outline the history of the town and how the first inhabitants of the area used to live and work. There are some great displays and it is well worth a visit. Opening hours are Monday to Friday 10:30 a 14:00 and admission is free.

St. Anthony of Padua Church (S.Antonio)

The San Antonio church, (XVII century) which was financed by the Manrique de Lara family and finished in 1676 by Bernardo de Godoy. The San Antonio church is the main church for the parish of Saint Anthony of Padua and was constructed over the site of an earlier mosque. Once inside you will find three naves with wooden ceilings in Renaissance style. The church is much used by the locals and is a wonderful, cool and peaceful retreat from the hot sunshine of Frigiliana

Coat of Arms - Escudo

Walking from the Mill building at the start of Calle Real (Royal Street) is a coat of arms. This symbol was at the Mill when it used to be a palace and it represents the family coat of arms of the Counts of Frigiliana.

Town hall - Ayuntamiento

The town hall of frigiliana is located in the centre of calle real (Royal Street) and can be identified by the flags flying on the outside.

Hoces del Rio Higueron (Gorges of the River Higueron)

The most striking natural site in the entire area. There are cliffs and gorges of the River Chillar itself that form an incomparably scenic landscape. From the old castle site above the town centre you can look down in the gorge and see the turquoise pools in the valley below.

Cueva de los Murcielagos (The Bat cave)

Bat cave, Neolithic period most impressive stalagmites and stalactites. Well Worth a visit.

Ecce Homo hermitage

Chapel of Ecce Hommo ( XVIII century) known as the Chapel of Santo Cristo of the Cana a tiny shrine, built in the sixteenth century to the Holy Christ of the Cane.

The Arab Castle

The Arab Castle ( Constructed at the end of the IX century) Destroyed in 1569 after the battle of the Penon El Ingenio, ( XVI century) The ancestral home of the Manrique de Lara family. The building is now a sugar cane honey factory, the only remaining working one in Europe.

Las Maquinillas (XVII century) singular hydrolic system.

El Palacio del Apero, (XVII century) After restoration used as the cultural centre, also housing the library, archaeological museum an exposition hall and the tourist office.
The San Antonio church, (XVII century) which was financed by the Manrique de Lara family and finished in 1676 by Bernardo de Godoy.
La Fuente Vieja, (the old fountain) (XVII century) constructed by order of the 5th Senor of Frigiliana and 1st count  of the Villa D. Ingenio Manrique de Lara, placing their coat of arms on the fountain.
Chapel of Ecce Hommo ( XVIII century) known as the Chapel of Santo Cristo of the Cana
Nerja Realty - All Rights Reserved © 2017